Friday, July 1, 2016

[haul] Beauty, skincare, and mini review on the ABH modern renaissance palette

Happy Thursday friends!!!! Today I have for you a beauty haul post. I was on a no buy for awhile, because i've been trying to save money for concerts..but a few things have happened so I won't be going through with some of my plans, so ta-da this haul. I wanted to buy so many things, but I had to contain myself (。•́︿•̀。) Hope you enjoy this post~ p.s sorry that my picture quality was inconsistent. I tried to take photos for over a week and none of them came out the way I wanted and I got frustrated and just wanted to use all my items already (๑・`▱´・๑)  so I just tried my best and worked with all the shots that were at least pretty decent. Please forgive me (๑ˊ▵ॢˋ̥๑) Now on to the post!!






Up first is a cat headband from Etude House that I ordered from Vuty Design. I've been eyeing this headband for like more than a year it feels like, but never got around to ordering it. I'm so happy I finally did. It does a great job of keeping my hair away when I do makeup or my skincare routine. I love that it has a stretchy back instead of ones that have buttons or velcro, because I have a lot of hair and it's thick so it's hard for it to contain my hair..or maybe I just have a big head Σ(゚д゚;) either way I'm so happy that I have this and I totally recommend it, because it's inexpensive, super cute, and very useful.






Another Item I purchased from Vuty Design was this Rilakkuma x A'Pieu collab tin case. Why you may ask? I honestly wish I had a good reason. It was only $6.99 and super cute so I thought maybe I could find a good use for it. I don't know why I thought it would be much bigger haha. I think it's a great size for traveling though. I plan on keeping my cotton pads in there for my skincare stuff as well as some bobby pins, hair ties, and maybe even chapstick and band aids?! Huh writing this post just gave me a few ideas on how to use it. It has two layers, which is great so I can separate my things and not have it all jumbled in one spot. Kinda excited to start using this for my upcoming trip.




For $3.46 how can I say no to this mascara?! Vuty Design is selling this bad boy for such a steal so I had to grab it. This is the Missha 4D mascara from the line collab. I'm more of a kakao girl, but who doesn't love cute things that are inexpensive Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑) sadly this is the only item I haven't tried so I can't give you a review on it, but maybe I'll have a follow up on it by the end of this month in a different blog post? Let me know what you think about this mascara if you have tried it before.







This was a last minute purchase, but i'm really excited about it. I really wanted to have a "self-made" palette without breaking the bank so I got this Flower Lesson Palette by Etude house. Ive always wanted to try etude house eyeshadow palettes, because they always looked so awesome...but I heard their pigmentation is meh so I never got any...on the other hand I heard their single eyeshadows are pretty awesome so I got three eyeshadow colors to first start off and test them out (I ordered them from a different website so they haven't come yet (っ- ‸ – ς)). The design of this case is really adorable so i'm glad I was able to snatch a great design for $9.75 on Vuty Design. It hold up to 8 eyeshadows and comes with an applicator that I think i'll only use when i'm desprate. The mirror is a great size and the compact isn't thick, so it's pretty travel friendly. It sucks that the compact holds specific sized eyeshadows, but I don't mind too much. Hoping my eyeshadows come home soon so I can get to swatching! Let me know down in the comments any shades you've tried out from Etude House that you absolutely adored, need to fill this baby up!





My final item from Vuty Design that made me purchase from them in the first place is this cushion blusher from A'Pieu in collab with Rilakkuma that was $9.22. There are 5 shades to choose from, I picked PK01. The packaging is sooo cute even though it's a bit bulky since it's a compact (´∀`)♡ I'm in love with the way it looks and how it feels. This is my first time using a cushion blusher, so I can't really compare it to anything yet. I also haven't really tested the staying power, but I think it stays on for a decent amount of time if I remember correctly.

That's all I ordered from Vuty Design! This was my first time ordering from them and i'm pretty happy with this website. They have a large variety of items/brands and they seem up to date on new collab items. I found this website when I was looking for places to find the Rilakkuma collection. They offer free shipping over $20 and it will come with tracking as well which is like 10+ points for me..since $20 is such a low amount I was a bit surprised that it came with tracking, but hey i'm not complaining. They also have a point system to get a discount and offer around 4 other ways to earn points other than buying which is cool. Their prices are decent. Some items are a bit pricey and some are really awesome. I would do research before buying an item, just so you can get a good deal. I think i'll use this website in the future, because of their decent prices, tracking number, and surprisingly fast shipping. Oh I also forgot to mention that they do give a good amount of samples when ordering. I honestly don't care for samples that much, but I know how a lot of people do.




I've been in the market for new skincare items for a long time now. I ran out of my skincare stuff months ago, but never got around to purchasing anything...shame on me (; ・`д・´) poor skin ( ´•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥` ) after researching a bit I found out about the brand COSRX. I can't say i'm an expert with this brand, but I definitely learned a lot of things while researching this brand. A lot of people had a lot of good things to say about this stuff, so I can't wait to see how my skin will look after a month of religiously using these items. I've only used some of the items for a couple of days, but I am definitely starting to see a bit of change, so i'm pretty hyped! I ordered these items from amazon, because I have prime (shout out to my good friend Sandria for this) and it was the cheapest and fastest place I could get these items. COSRX is definitely an affordable brand for skincare so i'm glad I was able to find out about this brand. Have any of you guys tried COSRX before? How was your experience with it? I would love to know!

And finally.....what you've all been waiting for..okay not really because you didn't know what it was until now..THE MODERN RENAISSANCE PALETTE BY ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS. I want to c r y. 




Look at this beauty?? Can't believe I finally got my hands on it. The palette is $42 w/o tax and each eyeshadow is 0.02 oz. The outside material is like suede. It's really beautiful, but it kinda sucks tbh. Once you get makeup on it, it's over (๑′̥̥̥▵‵̥̥̥ ૂ๑) I don't have any pictures of the inside of the palette just because I thought it looked kinda meh and one of the eyeshadows popped off?! I was so mad..I mean luckily it didn't shatter and I can just glue it back in..but come on now (ꐦ ಠ皿ಠ )





Here are all 14 shades. The pigmentation is amazing and they don't apply patchy on the eyes at all. When I swatched Tempera on my wrist I was scared it wouldnt show up on my eyelid, but it did thank goodness. I'm such a fan of the shades in this palette and this palette is really close to my dream palette in terms of shades. The only thing that is a bummer is that the eyeshadows have a lot of fallout/its powdery, but it doesn't really affect the eyeshadow quality. I would tap my brush off a bit before applying. I think this palette is really great and I know that my swatches aren't the greatest (I blame the lack of clean and quality brushes), but I really do believe this was a great buy ʚ♡⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁) the packaging is quite slim and sturdy, it comes with a big mirror, and a duo ended makeup brush that is definitely better than a sponge applicator. Definitely don't regret buying this palette (⁎⁍̴̀﹃ ⁍̴́⁎)♡

Okay so that's the end of my haul! I'm really happy with everything I got (๑ˊ͈ ॢꇴ ˋ͈)〜♡॰ॱ Can't wait to use the crap out of all the items. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this little haul. 




1 comment :