Wednesday, June 15, 2016

[review] gudetama x holika holika cushion bb

Hi friends, happy Tuesday! Summer has started, but I feel like school will forever stress me out until I finish and get a job ヾ( ๑´д`๑)ツ I need to learn to relax a bit and enjoy my summer break!! Hopefully blogging will help with that haha. Today I have for you guys a review on the Gudetama x Holika Holika collaboration, specifically the cushion bb. The line is super cute and I really wanted to buy everything, but since i'm trying to budget myself I bought the thing that I wanted the most. I love the idea of bb cushions, because I feel like it's something I can quickly put on for days I'm too lazy to put on makeup but want a bit of coverage. I didn't include any pictures of me with it on, because i'm feeling a bit poopy ꒰⁎×﹏×⁎꒱՞༘ i'll definitely try to include those type of pictures in the future though. Okay now onto the review!!




Here is the box it comes in, how freakin cute!!! There are three designs to pick from and I picked the "falling in.." or "indulge me" ver. I had one of my good friends translate it for me and it was a bit hard to get it completely exact ;; I tried to see what other people thought, but it wasn't exact each time..either way I got the design that looks like he's totally satisfied hehe! The other designs were really cute too so it was kind hard to pick (๑♡⌓♡๑).



As you can see inside the box we have the compact and a refill. The box design will reflect which cover you end up deciding to pick. I got this for around $26.68 w/ tracking (if you order is under $40 you can either have it shipped for free no tracking [free shipping over $30] or you pay around $2 something for tracking) from the website jolse which actually gives you $3 credit when you sign up. As of now ebay and other places are starting to get the gudetama line in stock so I would totally check the other places to see if you can get it a bit cheaper [it's $24.99 on ebay!].





The material of the compact is pretty sturdy. I admittedly had dropped it a couple of times on accident on my hardwood floors and it seems to be in perfect condition. To open the compact you press a button in the front and not only does it open the case, but it opens the divider that holds the sponge and keeps it from touching the actual product. I guess that's where the lazy & easy comes from since you don't need to take an extra step? To be honest I don't like this feature at all. I rather just open it, because with this feature it makes the compact unable to hold other refills and if you're just using the mirror you have to remember to close the divider part or it will dry the product out of if are using your mirror for a long time. Total bummer! I bought this cushion mostly, because I thought I would be able to use other refills (; ̄Д ̄)but because of this feature it won't fit others. I should of totally done more research, oh well.

Okay so right when you open it up you're greeted with a cute sponge that has Gudetama's face on it and a mirror (there is a plastic on the mirror that I didn't remove when I took these photos). When you take the sponge out there is layer you lift up where the sponge is placed. Even the sticker that you peel off to get to the actual product is gudetama, A+ presentation don't ya think? This cushion is available in two shades, #21 light beige and #23 natural beige. I got #23 which I thought would be an almost perfect match, but boy was I wrong.

Right when I first applied it on my face I was in total shock about how grey/white it was! I thought that maybe it will start going away after awhile, but after I was done applying the bb cushion all over my face it was still grey!!! I guess this is due to the fact that it has SPF 50+//pa+++. As much as I love that it has SPF that's a crazy amount that will definitely leave a white cast when not only taking flash photography, but just in general! I looked like the tin man ( ≧Д≦) grey and shiny at my chin, forehead, and the side of the nose. I waited around maybe 30 minutes and it still looked the same, also I feel like it's a bit sticky and hasn't settled. Color aside the formula is meh. It has a scent that goes away after 5 minutes and it's kinda tacky. It doesn't blend as well as I want it to and the cover is decent. I'm not trying to be a negative nelly, but i'm definitely disappointed especially if you're paying around $26 and there are cheaper or similar in price foundations that are way better.



I guess a positive thing you can say about this product other than the design is that you get a refill and a new sponge that has this super cute design!!!! I think I might be using this sponge for a different cushion hehe.

I rate this cushion a 3/5. I'm definitely not ghost pale, but i'm not that dark as well. The shade selection is disappointing, but understandable. Kbeauty usually has a small selection when it comes to shades for foundation. Hopefully one day they'll have a variety of shades and undertones since kbeauty is getting so popular everywhere. Formula was whatever..not that bad, but definitely not that great. Also the fact that you can't use other cushions with this compact totally sucks!!!! When I found out I was like what (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ㅂ˂̣̣̥)੭ु I think with a bit of bronzing etc. I could make it work.... I think the high SPF gave it the sticky and white cast..but hey..at least i'm definitely being protected from the sun!!! I wouldn't recommend this to oily skin types, because of dewy finish it gives. I've seen someone way lighter than me wear it and I honestly still felt like it didn't look that good, because of the grey undertone //sigh//. Anyways hope this was kinda helpful for you all! 



2 comments :

  1. So sad that the product didnt perform well :( i have the same problem with products with higher SPFs too~ Love the sponge tho!!the bacon one is <3

    Passion Blog | BCfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently trying to make it work, but sigh..wish I didn't have to try so hard to make it work. I know!!! The sponge is so cute (๑ˊ͈ ॢꇴ ˋ͈)〜♡॰ॱ My favorite sponge ever!!

      Delete